Motor Tax Online (external link) is a secure motor tax renewal service provided by Ireland's local authorities and the Department of Transport.
What online services are available?
What types of vehicle can be taxed online?
The following tax classes are available for online processing.
- Private Cars
- Agricultural Tractors, Excavators/Diggers, and Combine Harvesters
- Vehicles adapted for use by disabled persons
- Motor Caravans (not for first taxing)
- Vintage/Veteran Vehicles
What do I need to tax my vehicle online?
You will need the following items.
- A Personal Identification Number (PIN) and your vehicle registration number to log into the service.
- Your vehicle insurance details (name of insurer, policy number and expiry date).
- Details of your payment card (Laser, Visa or MasterCard).
- Motor Tax Rates - 1 October 2013 (doc, 123 kb)
- Motor Tax Offices (Word) (doc, 97 kb)
- Motor Tax Offices (Excel) (xls, 34 kb)
- RF100A Form (pdf, 738 kb)
- RF105 Form (pdf, 16 kb)
- RF105 Notes (pdf, 8 kb)
- RF111 Form (pdf, 1,306 kb)
- RF111a Form (pdf, 7 kb)
- RF134 Form (pdf, 201 kb)
- RF120 Form (pdf, 66 kb)
- RF150 Form (pdf, 155 kb)
- RF200 Form (pdf, 46 kb)
- RF200 Notes (pdf, 35 kb)
- more publications
- 27/09/13: Transition Period for Motor Tax Gapping Coming to a Close
- 26/08/13: “Phone a friend” option for vehicle owners out of the country with their car off the road
- 01/07/13: Hogan announces new procedures for declaring vehicles temporarily off the road.
- 04/04/13: Minister Hogan moves to close off Motor Tax loophole