Motor Tax Online (external link) is a secure motor tax renewal service provided by Ireland's local authorities and the Department of Transport.
What online services are available?
What types of vehicle can be taxed online?
The following tax classes are available for online processing.
- Private Cars
- Goods Vehicles
- Agricultural Tractors, Excavators/Diggers, and Combine Harvesters
- Vehicles adapted for use by disabled persons
- Motor Caravans (not for first taxing)
- Vintage/Veteran Vehicles
What do I need to tax my vehicle online?
You will need the following items.
- A Personal Identification Number (PIN) and your vehicle registration number to log into the service.
- Your vehicle insurance details (name of insurer, policy number and expiry date).
- Details of your payment card (Laser, Visa or MasterCard).
- Motor Tax Rates - From 1 January 2016 (doc, 106 kb)
- Motor Tax Offices (Excel) (xls, 43 kb)
- RF100 Form (pdf, 604 kb)
- RF100A Form (pdf, 738 kb)
- RF105 Form (pdf, 16 kb)
- RF105 Notes (pdf, 8 kb)
- RF111 Form (pdf, 1,306 kb)
- RF111a Form (pdf, 7 kb)
- RF134 Form (pdf, 85 kb)
- RF120 Form (pdf, 66 kb)
- RF150 Form (pdf, 191 kb)
- RF200 Form (pdf, 46 kb)
- RF200 Notes (pdf, 35 kb)
- more publications
- 27/09/13: Transition Period for Motor Tax Gapping Coming to a Close
- 06/12/11: Budget Increase in Motor Tax Rates
- 01/02/07: Number of Cars on the Road - Batt O'Keeffe