- Local Government
- Local Government Reform
- Local Government Audit Service
- Local Government Efficiency Review Group
- Local Government Administration
- Motor Tax
- National Directorate for Fire and Emergency Management
- Fire Safety
- Fire and Emergency Services
- Public Libraries
- Dog Control
- Local Government Committees
- Procurement Modernisation
- Public Art
Motor Tax Online (external link) is a secure motor tax renewal service provided by Ireland's local authorities and the Department of Transport.
What online services are available?
What types of vehicle can be taxed online?
The following tax classes are available for online processing.
- Private Cars
- Agricultural Tractors, Excavators/Diggers, and Combine Harvesters
- Vehicles adapted for use by disabled persons
- Motor Caravans (not for first taxing)
- Vintage/Veteran Vehicles
What do I need to tax my vehicle online?
You will need the following items.
- A Personal Identification Number (PIN) and your vehicle registration number to log into the service.
- Your vehicle insurance details (name of insurer, policy number and expiry date).
- Details of your payment card (Laser, Visa or MasterCard).
- Motor Tax Rates - 1 January 2013 (doc, 119 kb)
- New Motor Tax Rates - 1 Jan 2012 (doc, 116 kb)
- Circular Letter MT 4 2010 (doc, 55 kb)
- Motor Tax Offices (Word) (doc, 97 kb)
- Motor Tax Offices (Excel) (xls, 34 kb)
- RF100A Form (pdf, 166 kb)
- RF100A Notes (pdf, 37 kb)
- RF200 Form (pdf, 46 kb)
- RF200 Notes (pdf, 35 kb)
- RF105 Form (pdf, 16 kb)
- RF105 Notes (pdf, 8 kb)
- RF111 Form Pages 1,4 (pdf, 40 kb)
- RF111 Form Pages 2,3 (pdf, 35 kb)
- RF111a Form (pdf, 7 kb)
- RF134 Form (pdf, 24 kb)
- RF120 Form (pdf, 66 kb)
- more publications
- 04/04/13: Minister Hogan moves to close off Motor Tax loophole
- 05/12/12: Motor Tax Restructured to Enhance Environmental Incentives - Hogan
- 06/12/11: Budget Increase in Motor Tax Rates
- 24/08/10: There has been no change in motor tax regime for commercial vehicles.