Local Government Audit Service
Where an audit has been completed by the local government auditor the local authority is required to furnish a copy of the audited financial statement and any associated statutory audit report to every member of the local authority for consideration at the next practicable meeting of the local authority or body concerned.
Members of the public, who request these documents, are entitled to them on payment of the cost of making the copies. On the direction of the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government, a local authority may be directed to publish the auditor’s report in a newspaper circulating throughout the administrative area of the local authority.
- Local Government Audit Service - Activity Report 2014 (pdf, 1,006 kb)
- Code of Audit Practice (pdf, 70 kb)
- 2 - Progress Report on the Implementation of the Recommendations contained in VFM Report No 24 - Financial Management Reporting in Local Authorities (pdf, 394 kb)
- 1 - Progress Report on the Implementation of the Recommendations contained in VFM Report No 23 - Follow-up report on the Development of Internal Audit in Local Authorities (pdf, 221 kb)
- 27 - Management and Maintenance of Vacant Dwellings in Local Authorities (pdf, 355 kb)
- 26 - Development Contributions (pdf, 460 kb)
- 25 - Part V Planning and Development Acts 2000-2007 - Social and Affordable Housing (pdf, 327 kb)
- 24-Financial Management Reporting in Local Authorities (pdf, 181 kb)
- 23 - Followup Report on the Development of Internal Audit in LAs (pdf, 159 kb)
- 22 - Motor Tax in LAs (pdf, 133 kb)
- 20 - Internal Audit in LAs (pdf, 264 kb)
- more publications