Public Consultations (Current)
Early Warning - Upcoming Public Consultations
To be announced.
Public Consultation on the Draft European Union (Construction Products) Regulations 2013, the Draft Building Regulations (Part D Amendment) Regulations 2013 and Draft Technical Guidance Document D – Materials and Workmanship (2013).
The Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government, Phil Hogan, T.D., has published the draft European Union (Construction Products) Regulations 2013, the draft Building Regulations (Part D Amendment) Regulations 2013 and the associated draft Technical Guidance Document D – Materials and Workmanship (2013) for public consultation.
The consultation documents may be accessed at the links set out below: -
- Draft European Union (Construction Products) Regulations 2013 (pdf, 285kb)
- Draft Building Regulations (Part D Amendment) Regulations 2013 (pdf, 105kb)
- Draft Technical Guidance Document D – Materials and Workmanship (2013) (pdf,264 kb)
- Regulatory Impact Assessment – Construction Products (pdf, 204kb)
The primary purpose for which the draft European Union (Construction Products) Regulations 2013 are made is to provide for the market surveillance of construction products in accordance with the requirements of Regulation (EU) No. 305/2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing Council Directive 89/106/EEC (known as the Construction Products Regulation).
Part D of the Building Regulations is also being reviewed in order to clarify that “proper materials” may include construction products which carry a CE mark in accordance with the Construction Products Regulation or which comply with a harmonised standard / European Technical Assessment under the Construction Products Regulation. The draft Technical Guidance Document also avails of the opportunity to provide new guidance in relation to glazing as well as to provide an update in relation to the latest standards on quality management and workmanship.
In advance of finalising the draft regulations / technical guidance, comments are invited from stakeholders, members of the public and other interested parties. Submissions and comments on either or both of the draft regulations and on the draft Technical Guidance Document should be forwarded, in writing or by email, to the address indicated below: -
Architecture / Building Standards,
Department of the Environment, Community and Local Government,
Tel: +353 (0)1 888 2805
The closing date for the receipt of submissions and comments is no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, 17 May 2013.
In order to assist the Department in the compilation of submissions and comments, respondents to this consultation are kindly requested to use the comment forms provided at the link below: -
- Template for Submissions – Public Consultation (Construction Products) (xls, 32kb)
- Template for Submissions – Public Consultation (Part D of the Building Regulations) (xls, 32kb)
Please note that all submissions and comments submitted to the Department of the Environment, Community and Local Government for this purpose are subject to release under the Freedom of Information Acts 1997 and 2003.
- FAQs for Disability Access Certificates - Regularisation Certificates - 7 Day Notices (doc, 60 kb)
- PL11 Guide to the Building Control System (May 2010) (pdf, 249 kb)
- Building Control Officers (doc, 111 kb)
- Loft Conversion Leaflet (pdf, 80 kb)
- Loft Conversion Leaflet Amendments (doc, 1,576 kb)
- Radon in Existing Buildings - Corrective Options (pdf, 888 kb)
- Guide to the Condensing Boiler Installment Assessment Procedure for Existing Dwellings (pdf, 345 kb)
- Public Consultation -Draft Building Regulations (Part L Amendment) Regulations 2008 (pdf, 36 kb)
- Public Consultation - Draft TGD L Amendments 2008 (pdf, 48 kb)
- more publications
- 04/04/13: New Regulations will Prevent Disastrous Building Failures in Future – Minister Hogan
- 25/02/13: First Meeting of the Pyrite Resolution Board
- 29/01/13: Minister Hogan welcomes the publication by the National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI) of two new standards dealing with the pyrite problem
- 11/01/13: Minister Hogan welcomes positive response of Property Market to advertising of BER Ratings
- SI 243 of 2012 - European Union (Energy Performance of Buildings) Regulations (pdf, 1,023 kb)
- SI 138 of 2012 - Building Regulations (Part A Amendment) Regulations (pdf, 112 kb)
- SI 259 of 2011 - Building Regulations (Part L Amendment) Regulations 2011 (pdf, 109 kb)
- SI 561 of 2010 - Building Regulations (Part H Amendment) Regulations 2010 (pdf, 106 kb)
- SI 513 of 2010 - Building Regulations (Part M Amendment) Regulations 2010 (pdf, 105 kb)
- SI 556 of 2009 - Building Regulations (Part F Amendment) Regulations 2009 (pdf, 102 kb)
- SI 352 of 2009 - Building Control Act 2007 (Commencement) Order 2009 (pdf, 98 kb)
- more legislation