BRAB (Building Regulations Advisory Body)
The Building Regulations Advisory Body (BRAB) is a statutory body appointed by the Minister, under Section 14 of the Building Control Act, 1990 to advise him on matters relating to the Building Regulations. Membership of the body includes representatives from the construction industry and regulators at national and local level. BRAB was originally established in 1992. The current BRAB was appointed for a five-year term by Ministerial Order dated 14 June 2007.
The DEHLG (Building Standards Section) provides secretarial services to the BRAB. The DEHLG develops proposals to amend the Building Regulations and related Technical Guidance Documents (TGD) in consultation with BRAB.
Members of the BRAB:
Mr. Jay Stuart, Chairperson, Integrated Sustainable Design Const.
Mr. Michael Brown, National Standards Authority of Ireland.
Mr. Brian McKeon, Construction Industry Federation.
Dr. Eugene Farrell, Home Bond.
Mr. Mark McAuley, Building Materials Federation.
Ms. Denise Germaine, Chartered Inst. of Architectural Technologists.
Mr. Gerard Grogan, Tánaiste’s nomimee
Mr. Jim Keogh, Electro-Technical Council of Ireland.
Mr. Jack Callanan National Disability Authority.
Ms. Emer O’Siochru, An Taisce.
Ms. Maria Melia, Chief Fire Officers Associations.
Ms. Ann Mills, City & County Engineers Association.
Mr. Johnny McGettigan, Irish Building Control Institute.
Ms. Minka Louise McInerney, Royal Inst. of the Architects of Ireland.
Mr. Jimmy Keogan, City & County Managers Association.
Ms. Krystyna Rawicz, Society of Chartered Surveyors.
Mr. Gary Treanor, Irish Timber Frame Manufacturers’ Association Ltd.
Mr Sean Balfe, National Standards Authority of Ireland.
Ms. Sarah Neary, Senior Building Adviser, Building Standards, DEHLG.
Mr. Noel Carroll, Senior Housing Adviser, DEHLG.
Ms. Jacqui Donnelly, Architect, Heritage Policy & Architectural Protection, DEHLG.
Ms. Terry Prendergast, National Consumer Agency
Mr Cian O'Lionáin, Principal Officer, Private Housing Sector & Building Standards, DEHLG
Ms Edel Collins, Office of Public Works
Mr Kevin O'Rourke, Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland
- FAQs for Disability Access Certificates - Regularisation Certificates - 7 Day Notices (doc, 60 kb)
- PL11 Guide to the Building Control System (May 2010) (pdf, 249 kb)
- Building Control Officers (doc, 111 kb)
- Loft Conversion Leaflet (pdf, 80 kb)
- Loft Conversion Leaflet Amendments (doc, 1,576 kb)
- Radon in Existing Buildings - Corrective Options (pdf, 888 kb)
- Guide to the Condensing Boiler Installment Assessment Procedure for Existing Dwellings (pdf, 345 kb)
- Public Consultation -Draft Building Regulations (Part L Amendment) Regulations 2008 (pdf, 36 kb)
- Public Consultation - Draft TGD L Amendments 2008 (pdf, 48 kb)
- more publications
- 02/04/15: Ministers Kelly & Coffey Commence Review of Building Control Regulations
- 05/02/15: Coffey announces extension of the pyrite remediation scheme to Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown and South Dublin
- 15/05/14: Hogan Announces €20m funding for Pyrite
- 19/02/14: Hogan welcomes launch of pyrite remediation scheme
- S.I. 180 of 2014 Building Regulations (Part K Amendment) Regulations 2014 (pdf, 109 kb)
- S.I. No. 133 of 2014 Part J Amendment (pdf, 111 kb)
- SI 105 of 2014 - Building Control (Amendment)(No 2) Regulations 2014 (pdf, 41 kb)
- SI 9 of 2014 - Building Control (Amendment) Regulations 2014 (pdf, 273 kb)
- SI 225 of 2013 - European Union (Construction Products) Regulations (pdf, 2,221 kb)
- SI 224 of 2013 - Building Regulations (Part D Amendment) Regulations (pdf, 111 kb)
- SI 147 of 2013 - Finance (Local Property Tax) (Pyrite Exemption) Regulations 2013 (pdf, 131 kb)
- more legislation