BRAB (Building Regulations Advisory Body)
The Building Regulations Advisory Body (BRAB) is a statutory body appointed by the Minister, under Section 14 of the Building Control Act, 1990 to advise him on matters relating to the Building Regulations. Membership of the body includes representatives from the construction industry and regulators at national and local level. BRAB was originally established in 1992. The current BRAB was appointed for a five-year term by Ministerial Order dated 14 June 2007.
The DEHLG (Building Standards Section) provides secretarial services to the BRAB. The DEHLG develops proposals to amend the Building Regulations and related Technical Guidance Documents (TGD) in consultation with BRAB.
Members of the BRAB:
Mr. Jay Stuart, Chairperson, Integrated Sustainable Design Const.
Mr. Michael Brown, National Standards Authority of Ireland.
Mr. Brian McKeon, Construction Industry Federation.
Dr. Eugene Farrell, Home Bond.
Mr. Mark McAuley, Building Materials Federation.
Ms. Denise Germaine, Chartered Inst. of Architectural Technologists.
Mr. Gerard Grogan, Tánaiste’s nomimee
Mr. Jim Keogh, Electro-Technical Council of Ireland.
Mr. Jack Callanan National Disability Authority.
Ms. Emer O’Siochru, An Taisce.
Ms. Maria Melia, Chief Fire Officers Associations.
Ms. Ann Mills, City & County Engineers Association.
Mr. Johnny McGettigan, Irish Building Control Institute.
Ms. Minka Louise McInerney, Royal Inst. of the Architects of Ireland.
Mr. Jimmy Keogan, City & County Managers Association.
Ms. Krystyna Rawicz, Society of Chartered Surveyors.
Mr. Gary Treanor, Irish Timber Frame Manufacturers’ Association Ltd.
Mr Sean Balfe, National Standards Authority of Ireland.
Ms. Sarah Neary, Senior Building Adviser, Building Standards, DEHLG.
Mr. Noel Carroll, Senior Housing Adviser, DEHLG.
Ms. Jacqui Donnelly, Architect, Heritage Policy & Architectural Protection, DEHLG.
Ms. Terry Prendergast, National Consumer Agency
Mr Cian O'Lionáin, Principal Officer, Private Housing Sector & Building Standards, DEHLG
Ms Edel Collins, Office of Public Works
Mr Kevin O'Rourke, Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland
- 04/04/13: New Regulations will Prevent Disastrous Building Failures in Future – Minister Hogan
- 25/02/13: First Meeting of the Pyrite Resolution Board
- 29/01/13: Minister Hogan welcomes the publication by the National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI) of two new standards dealing with the pyrite problem
- 11/01/13: Minister Hogan welcomes positive response of Property Market to advertising of BER Ratings
- SI 243 of 2012 - European Union (Energy Performance of Buildings) Regulations (pdf, 1,023 kb)
- SI 138 of 2012 - Building Regulations (Part A Amendment) Regulations (pdf, 112 kb)
- SI 259 of 2011 - Building Regulations (Part L Amendment) Regulations 2011 (pdf, 109 kb)
- SI 561 of 2010 - Building Regulations (Part H Amendment) Regulations 2010 (pdf, 106 kb)
- SI 513 of 2010 - Building Regulations (Part M Amendment) Regulations 2010 (pdf, 105 kb)
- SI 556 of 2009 - Building Regulations (Part F Amendment) Regulations 2009 (pdf, 102 kb)
- SI 352 of 2009 - Building Control Act 2007 (Commencement) Order 2009 (pdf, 98 kb)
- more legislation