BRAB (Building Regulations Advisory Body)
The Building Regulations Advisory Body (BRAB) is a statutory body appointed by the Minister, under Section 14 of the Building Control Act, 1990 to advise him on matters relating to the Building Regulations. Membership of the body includes representatives from the construction industry and regulators at national and local level. BRAB was originally established in 1992. The current BRAB was appointed for a five-year term by Ministerial Order dated 14 June 2007.
The DEHLG (Building Standards Section) provides secretarial services to the BRAB. The DEHLG develops proposals to amend the Building Regulations and related Technical Guidance Documents (TGD) in consultation with BRAB.
Members of the BRAB:
Mr. Jay Stuart, Chairperson, Integrated Sustainable Design Const.
Mr. Michael Brown, National Standards Authority of Ireland.
Mr. Brian McKeon, Construction Industry Federation.
Dr. Eugene Farrell, Home Bond.
Mr. Mark McAuley, Building Materials Federation.
Ms. Denise Germaine, Chartered Inst. of Architectural Technologists.
Mr. Gerard Grogan, Tánaiste’s nomimee
Mr. Jim Keogh, Electro-Technical Council of Ireland.
Mr. Jack Callanan National Disability Authority.
Ms. Emer O’Siochru, An Taisce.
Ms. Maria Melia, Chief Fire Officers Associations.
Ms. Ann Mills, City & County Engineers Association.
Mr. Johnny McGettigan, Irish Building Control Institute.
Ms. Minka Louise McInerney, Royal Inst. of the Architects of Ireland.
Mr. Jimmy Keogan, City & County Managers Association.
Ms. Krystyna Rawicz, Society of Chartered Surveyors.
Mr. Gary Treanor, Irish Timber Frame Manufacturers’ Association Ltd.
Mr Sean Balfe, National Standards Authority of Ireland.
Ms. Sarah Neary, Senior Building Adviser, Building Standards, DEHLG.
Mr. Noel Carroll, Senior Housing Adviser, DEHLG.
Ms. Jacqui Donnelly, Architect, Heritage Policy & Architectural Protection, DEHLG.
Ms. Terry Prendergast, National Consumer Agency
Mr Cian O'Lionáin, Principal Officer, Private Housing Sector & Building Standards, DEHLG
Ms Edel Collins, Office of Public Works
Mr Kevin O'Rourke, Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland
- 05/02/15: Coffey announces extension of the pyrite remediation scheme to Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown and South Dublin
- 15/05/14: Hogan Announces €20m funding for Pyrite
- 19/02/14: Hogan welcomes launch of pyrite remediation scheme
- 10/12/13: Pyrite Legislation to be finalised before the end of the year
- S.I. 180 of 2014 Building Regulations (Part K Amendment) Regulations 2014 (pdf, 109 kb)
- S.I. No. 133 of 2014 Part J Amendment (pdf, 111 kb)
- SI 105 of 2014 - Building Control (Amendment)(No 2) Regulations 2014 (pdf, 41 kb)
- SI 9 of 2014 - Building Control (Amendment) Regulations 2014 (pdf, 273 kb)
- SI 225 of 2013 - European Union (Construction Products) Regulations (pdf, 2,221 kb)
- SI 224 of 2013 - Building Regulations (Part D Amendment) Regulations (pdf, 111 kb)
- SI 147 of 2013 - Finance (Local Property Tax) (Pyrite Exemption) Regulations 2013 (pdf, 131 kb)
- more legislation