Minister Phil Hogan T.D. Announces Funding Of €10m Over 30 Months For The Community And Voluntary Sector
Phil Hogan T.D., Minister for Environment, Community and Local Government today (10 June 2011) announced funding of €10m over the coming 30 months for 63 national community and voluntary organisations [see Appendix].
The funding is under the Scheme to Support National Organisations in the Community and Voluntary Sector and will contribute an annual amount of approx. €4m to the Sector, subject to the annual budgetary process.
Funding to national community and voluntary organisations under this Scheme is to cover core costs such as staff, administration and ongoing running expenses. The new scheme will be for up to two and a half years and will operate to 31 December 2013, subject to an agreed work plan and periodic review.
Announcing the funding, Minister Hogan said:
“I am particularly delighted to announce today this substantial funding to 63 national Community & Voluntary organisations. This Government recognises the value of the great work carried out by such national voluntary organisations. The work of these organisations is vital to the State and complements State endeavours in the community area.
The Government will invest approx. €10m over the next two and a half years under this Scheme and I am confident that the many people who benefit from the work carried out by these groups will see the benefit of this investment”.
- Community and Voluntary Funding 10 June 2011 (doc, 30 kb)
- White Paper on a Framework for Supporting Voluntary Activity and Developing the Relationship between the State and the Community and Voluntary Sector (doc, 738 kb)
- more publications
- 04/07/12: Forum seeks 60% increase in charitable donations to get the most from our culture of giving
- 10/06/11: Minister Phil Hogan T.D. Announces Funding Of €10m Over 30 Months For The Community And Voluntary Sector
- 06/09/10: Minister Carey launches publications offering support to the unemployed in the community
- 08/07/10: Minister Pat Carey T.D., announces payment of over €123,000 in grants under the Scheme of Community Support for Older People