- About Us
- Public Consultations
- Organisational Structure
- Our Locations
- History of Department
- Customer Service
- Access Officers
- Annual Reports
- Strategy Statements
- Re-use of Public Sector Information
- Access to Information on the Environment
- Secretary General's Diary
- ISO 14001 for Custom House
- Display Energy Cert for Custom House
- Public Sector Agreement 2010-2014
The Department's staff are generally recruited through the Public Appointments Service. Details about open recruitment can be obtained by contacting the Public Appointment Service at Chapter House, 26-30 Middle Abbey Street Upper, Dublin 1 or via their public jobs website (external link)
Project Manager for Aviation Modernisation & Automation, Met Éireann
The Department of the Environment, Community and Local Government is now inviting applications for the position of Project Manager for Aviation Modernisation & Automation in Met Éireann. The project is a complex and extensive project involving interaction with a wide range of stakeholders, civil engineering works airside at the affected airports, installation of equipment near runways and effective transmission of data to the air traffic control system. It must meet strict safety and regulatory imperatives. In addition the project must meet the requirements of the Public Spending Code. The Project Manager will be responsible for driving and managing the performance of the project with respect to timelines, deliverables and budgets and will be responsible for ensuring the successful execution of the project and its associated activities.
For further information and details on the post please see the attached information booklet (pdf, 200kb).
Department of Environment, Community & Local Government
The Department of the Environment, Community & Local Government is recruiting for this position under its Recruitment Licence issued by the Commission for Public Service Appointments (CPSA) and in accordance with the CPSA’s Code of Practice.
Employing Department/Authority Website
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on 22nd May 2015
Applicants should submit completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Only applications submitted on the official application form will be considered.
Click here to down load the application form (doc, 147kb)
6th May 2015
Closing Date for Applications
22nd May 2015
Expressions of Interest - Chairpersons / Board Members
From time to time when vacancies arise on the boards of Agencies/Bodies under the Department’s aegis they will be advertised on the state boards website (external link) .
The state boards website (external link) offers a single dedicated point of contact to all prospective candidates to express their interest in joining the State Boards under the Aegis of all Government Departments. This portal facilitates:
- the advertising of opportunities to express an interest in State Board vacancies and the terms and conditions pertaining to same,
- the registration by prospective Board members of their general interest in a position on a State Board
- and the sending of alerts to those registered on the stateboards.ie website of Board vacancies as and when they arise.
This Department will no longer accept applications for membership of State Boards, and accordingly prospective applicants should make their applications solely via the state boards web portal (external link) .
That website also has a dedicated e-mail inbox for members of the public who have questions about the process or how to apply: email@example.com.
Guidelines governing appointments to state boards (external link) may be found on the website of the Public Appointments Service .
All appointments will be made in accordance with the legislation governing appointments to each body. The Minister will not be restricted to considering only those who have applied under the expression of interest. In considering applications due regard will be given to Government policy on gender balance and diversity on State Boards (external link).
The Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies (external link) includes a description of the roles and responsibilities of Chairpersons, Boards and Directors.
Boards under the aegis of the Department of Environment, Community and Local Government are listed below.
- An Bord Pleanála (external link) (Members are appointed under Part VI of the Planning and Development Acts 2000-2010)
- Environmental Protection Agency (external link) (Members are appointed under section 24 of the EPA Act 1992)
- Housing Finance Agency (external link)
- Housing and Sustainable Communities Agency (external link)
- Irish Water Safety (external link)
- Irish Water (external link)
- Local Government Management Agency (external link)
- National Traveller Accommodation Consultative Committee. The principal function of the Committee is to advise the Minister in relation to matters concerning accommodation for Travellers. The Committee was established under the Housing (Traveller Accommodation) Act 1998).
- Private Residential Tenancies Board (external link)
- Rent Tribunal (external link)
- Western Development Commission (external link)
- Pobal (external link)
- National Oversight and Audit Commission (external link) . The establishment of the NOAC is part of the reform process legislated for by the Local Government Reform Act 2014. Further information on NOAC
- Pyrite Resolution Board (external link)