- About Us
- Public Consultations
- Regulation of Lobbying
- Organisational Structure
- Our Locations
- History of Department
- Customer Service
- Access Officers
- Annual Reports
- Strategy Statements
- Re-use of Public Sector Information
- Access to Information on the Environment
- Secretary General's Diary
- ISO 14001 for Custom House
- Display Energy Cert for Custom House
- Public Sector Agreement 2010-2014
Expressions of Interest - Chairpersons / Board Members
From time to time when vacancies arise on the boards of Agencies/Bodies under the Department’s aegis they will be advertised on the state boards website (external link) .
The state boards website (external link) offers a single dedicated point of contact to all prospective candidates to express their interest in joining the State Boards under the Aegis of all Government Departments. This portal facilitates:
- the advertising of opportunities to express an interest in State Board vacancies and the terms and conditions pertaining to same,
- the registration by prospective Board members of their general interest in a position on a State Board
- and the sending of alerts to those registered on the stateboards.ie website of Board vacancies as and when they arise.
This Department will no longer accept applications for membership of State Boards, and accordingly prospective applicants should make their applications solely via the state boards web portal (external link) .
That website also has a dedicated e-mail inbox for members of the public who have questions about the process or how to apply: email@example.com.
Guidelines governing appointments to state boards (external link) may be found on the website of the Public Appointments Service .
All appointments will be made in accordance with the legislation governing appointments to each body. The Minister will not be restricted to considering only those who have applied under the expression of interest. In considering applications due regard will be given to Government policy on gender balance and diversity on State Boards (external link).
The Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies (external link) includes a description of the roles and responsibilities of Chairpersons, Boards and Directors.
Boards under the aegis of the Department of Environment, Community and Local Government are listed below.
- An Bord Pleanála (external link) (Members are appointed under Part VI of the Planning and Development Acts 2000-2010)
- Environmental Protection Agency (external link) (Members are appointed under section 24 of the EPA Act 1992)
- Housing Finance Agency (external link)
- Housing and Sustainable Communities Agency (external link)
- Irish Water Safety (external link)
- Irish Water (external link)
- Local Government Management Agency (external link)
- National Traveller Accommodation Consultative Committee. The principal function of the Committee is to advise the Minister in relation to matters concerning accommodation for Travellers. The Committee was established under the Housing (Traveller Accommodation) Act 1998).
- Private Residential Tenancies Board (external link)
- Rent Tribunal (external link)
- Western Development Commission (external link)
- Pobal (external link)
- National Oversight and Audit Commission (external link) . The establishment of the NOAC is part of the reform process legislated for by the Local Government Reform Act 2014. Further information on NOAC
- Pyrite Resolution Board (external link)
The current composition of each Board under the Departments aegis can be found on the state boards website (external link)